Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry I'm on the thread too, we'll talk there. In the mean time you can use the old sff_extract.
    Regards,

Jose Blanca

Comment

Dear Blanca
      i am very mush new to this. Every time i tried to down load the old sff_extract version, the whole page opened and i don't know what to do with this. What should i do???

Comment

It's a python script, just run it with:

python sff_extract

Comment

Hii all,
          dont know what to do with this error msg. getting this always when trying t run the non-seqcrumb version of sff_extract..

Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/home/lab/Desktop/sff_extract_0_3_0", line 39, in <module>
          import tempfile
          File "/home/lab/qiime_software/python-2.7.1-release/lib/python2.7/tempfile.py", line 34, in <module>
          from random import Random as _Random
          File "/home/lab/qiime_software/python-2.7.1-release/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 49, in <module>
          import hashlib as _hashlib
          File "/home/lab/qiime_software/python-2.7.1-release/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 136, in <module>
          globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
          File "/home/lab/qiime_software/python-2.7.1-release/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 74, in __get_builtin_constructor
          import _sha256
          ImportError: No module named _sha256

any help???

Regards
          Chayan

Comment

You may be missing the "libsasl2-dev" library. Depending on the flavor of linux you are using you will need to find and install it.

Comment

hii, sorry to say that i dont have much knowladge about linux and all this. What i understood from your previous reply, i install "libsasl2-dev" with the following command sudo apt-get install libsasl2-dev

still the same error msg it showing... sorry if i missed anything particular.

Comment

Which python version are you using? Are you using python 2.7? It's a strange problem because that missing module belongs to the standard library.
                The newest sff_extract is now included in a package named seq_crumbs. To avoid these problems we are also distributing binary versions of these scripts. These binaries might work for you. You can download them from:

Comment

You can get missing core library modules like this if your Python was compiled without the underlying dependencies and their C headers. Perhaps you (or your systems administrator) can check that.

[This would not explain things if you used a pre-compiled Python from python.org, like the Windows installers]

Comment

My python version is 2.7.1.. sadly it seems that both the source distribution and binary distribution of latest "seq_crumbs 0.1.7" is unavailable right now to download. Additionally can you please tell me wheather this newest sff_extract can give the output in traceinfo/.xml format which are not possible with the 0.1.6 version??

Comment

The newest sff_extract can not create the traceinfo xml file. We have to add it to the new sff_extract, we add it to the TODO. If you need that functionallity you can use the old sff_extract:

The latest new one you can always get it at github, but sff_extract have not been changed for a while.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses