Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to convert a SNP.txt to a bed file or get a SNP.bed from samtools?

Hi all,

To locate the SNPs in a SNP.txt file to each of coding gene exons I need to convert the TXT to a bed file in order to use BEDTools. Is there any way to do is? or is there any way to get a SNP.bed output from samtools?

Any inputs are highly appreciated, thank!

Ling

Read this thread, you'll find the solution there:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2446
    -drd

Comment

Hi Drio,

Thank you for your message.

But it seemed to me those were only for converting a sam/bam to a bed file. I am seeking ways to convert the output (.txt) from samtools pileup to a bed file, which may not make sense, sorry.

Best,

Ling

Comment

Originally posted by Ling View Post
        Hi Drio,

Thank you for your message.

But it seemed to me those were only for converting a sam/bam to a bed file. I am seeking ways to convert the output (.txt) from samtools pileup to a bed file, which may not make sense, sorry.

Best,

Ling
        Right, sorry. Why don't you write a quick script yourself?
        -drd

Comment

You could also use GenomeIntervals2BED.py script available within the SeqGI framework.
          Have a look: http://seqgi.sourceforge.net/Genomeintervals2bed.html

Comment

@inesdesantiago
            I have a situation where I have output of SNPs from VarScan. I see the varscan outputs LOH( both as SNP and INDELS LOH). Now for INDELS its fairly easy to make a bed format file. But for SNP -LOH if I want to make the bed file what should be the trick. I know that for a SNP the base which is changed can be either start of chromosome and the next base can be the stop site or the base that is a variant can be the stop coordinate and its previous base can be the start. however if you you have situation like below. How should this be performed? Can your tool make bed files from SNP-LOH regions from this kind of situation or always it is needed to supply the genomic intervals?

chr Position Depth
            1 1654067 65
            1 1654068 63
            I would like to know how can this situation be handled?

Comment

Sorry my ignorance but, can awk be useful for that?

Please post some lines of your input file and some lines of your expected output file. I may help you with a awk sentence.

Comment

No I have already figured out a tool that works best for this.. the bedops tool has a function vcf2bed works fit to convert the scenario and I already performed that and also am familiar with awk as well. Infact I was more concerned if the conversion is 1 based or 0 based. But that issue is solved for me. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                • seqadmin
                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                0 responses