No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing Transcriptomes and finding common transcript IDs

Hi,

I have two transcriptomes, Transcriptome_old and Transcriptome_new both generated using de novo approach at different time point with different lengths. Now I would compare these these transcriptomes and later get the transcript id of transcriptome_recent and the corresponding id of Transcriptome_old which shares common sequence between them. I mean I would like compare the sequences and get the corresponding ids of both old and recent transcriptome. Kindly guide me how to achieve it.

Thanks in advance

You can BLAT them against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      You can BLAT them against each other.
      Did you meant BLAST?

Comment

I meant BLAT. Hopefully the transcriptomes are pretty similar.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
          I meant BLAT. Hopefully the transcriptomes are pretty similar.
          I am trying to install BLAT but somehow it throws error when I use "make" command amd I am currently finding th solution for it. Is there any alternative way to address my question. Kindly guide me

Comment

You could perform a Blast all vs all and then use the output to cluster your sequences with ORTHOMCL. I think it's a better approximation because paralog genes may hinder the searching.

I hope it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by dena.dinesh View Post
              I am trying to install BLAT but somehow it throws error when I use "make" command amd I am currently finding th solution for it. Is there any alternative way to address my question. Kindly guide me
              If you are not from a commercial entity you could get the pre-compiled binaries here: http://genome-test.cse.ucsc.edu/~kent/exe/

You could also try CD-HIT-2D.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses