Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbsplit not using all reads in library

I have RNA-seq files which I am wanting to split based on mapping to reference sequences. I am using bbsplit to map to the sequences and output separate mapping files however I noticed that not all reads in my files are mapped using this method. My read file has 9654349 reads but each time bbsplit only uses 6233783 reads - is there a way for me to force all reads to be mapped?

When I use kmer splitting in bbduk to map to only one my reference sequences all of the reads are used so I am wondering if there is a flag or something I am missing which will allow me to split based on multiple reference sequences at once.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Have you checked the options about what to do if reads are multi-mapping to more than one reference? I am going to hazard a guess that you just have some.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! Ambiguous reads are just assigned to the first best site so I don't think that is the reason, it appears that not all the reads are attempting to be mapped? When I change the ambiguous flag the number of reads being mapped doesn't change, only where the reads are assigned, any ideas?

Comment

How much memory are you assigning to this job? Have these reads been scanned/trimmed before splitting?

Have you also looked at the output of these reports?
        Code:
            scafstats=<file>    Write statistics on how many reads mapped to which scaffold to this file.
            refstats=<file>     Write statistics on how many reads were assigned to which reference to this file.
                                Unmapped reads whose mate mapped to a reference are considered assigned and will be counted.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses