No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paired-End libraries with MID ?

Dear all,

is it possible to pool some Paired-End libraries on the same PTP region ?

My gut feeling says YES, but I would like to be sure that I don't forget something...

Many thanks !

Technically, it should work... I thought this through as well and I don't see why it wouldn't. When i called Roche, they weren't quite sure and have not yet gotten back to me about it...

Comment

Officially not supported, but technically not impossible. However, you are on your own (let us know if you succeed :-) )

Comment

I always thought it theoretically possible to use the reagents from the rapid library construction kit after the fragmentation of the circularised DNA. If that is the case then it should simply be a case of using the Rapid MID adapters and they will then introduce the barcodes for you and allow you to multiplex your PELs. Because of the increased efficiency of adapter ligation at this stage adapter positive yields should be higher so may need less amplification and as a result redundancy should be reduced.

If I ever get round to trying it out I will let you know.

Clarancer

Comment

totally possible, done by some

Make your MID oligos according to the TCB for Titanium MIDs but omit the biotin. For the paired end protocol you do the ligation in the presence of the dynal m-270 beads and the affinity of the biotin is higher than the affinity blunt ended DNA has for one another. If you use biotinylated oligos you get no ligation and thus no PCR product a few steps later (in the PE protocol these PCR primers are biotinylated so you can later do the single strand isolation.

All that being said you will be on your own if it don't work.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
          0 responses