Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E20 disappearing beads....

An E20 (5500) run recently completed on our enricher, but there are no beads in the output tube (but a correct volume of ~4ml). There are also no unenriched beads, but no beads left in the sample tube!

They seem to be nowhere in the machine (none in the filter either), I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the subject?

There were definately beads loaded onto the machine and I do not want to do any more runs until I know if the machine has faltered or not.

I have done an E20 run just yesterday on the machine and it was fine, tried ringing tech support but cannot get through.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

How about in the waste bottle? If I recall correctly, if your filter is bad or if it is breached, they can go to waste. I've not heard of this happening on an E20 but we have had it happen on E80's and the upgraded software fixed the issue. The upgrade sends smaller aliquots of beads to the filter at multiple times instead of all at once. I feel your pain, its not a happy feeling to have missing beads.

Comment

Hi Vanessa,

That's what we thought too, and it has since been confirmed by engineers. There seems to be a dodgey batch of filters out at the moment and I have had several filter failures, some meaning more library has to be made.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Please share the lot number of the filters. Thanks

Comment

We had problems with lot 813454 2013-07 and one failure with 1146017 2014-02.

I'm sure not ALL of the filters were affected but these are the lots that I personally had issues with.

Comment

Thanks. Filter breakage was an issue we had a while ago (not since the enrichers got upgraded to include the E120 protocol), so I'm always wary of it now.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses