|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Software Engineer||DanaFarberOc||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||06-14-2016 07:49 AM|
|Software Engineer||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||09-03-2014 11:45 AM|
|Software Engineer||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||01-07-2014 06:12 AM|
|Software Engineer||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||11-08-2013 05:46 AM|
|12-21-2016, 09:07 AM||#1|
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Join Date: Oct 2008
The Pacific Biosciences instrument manufacturing engineering team is looking for a talented SW engineer with a broad range of skills. The candidate must be a highly effective C#/.net developer with substantial machine control SW development and system integration experience. The candidate should also have significant data analysis, image processing and MATLAB experience. This unique role will require a candidate with the desire and ability to work cross functionally and independently to define/document requirements and create high quality solutions in a timely manner. The candidate must be comfortable and highly effective working in a hands-on HW SW development role.
1. Develop SW solutions in the following areas
a. Instrument diagnostics and calibrations
b. Opto-mechanical subsystem calibration, alignment, and test fixtures.
c. Instrument, chip and reagent production automation projects.
2. Produce and release required SW development lifecycle documentation (requirements, test plans/report)
3. Comply with established ISO 13485 and 62304 related processes.
1. BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. SW development experience using C#, C++, and/or Java and MATLAB.
4. Hands on HW SW integration experience is a must.
5. Experience with data and image processing is a must.
6. Linux shell and python script development experience is helpful.
7. Experience with Linux OS and network administration is helpful.
8. Must be a constructive team player.
9. Must work well with a wide variety of people and across several engineering disciplines
10. Experience working in an ISO and/or FDA regulated development environment is a plus.
11. Experience developing SW life cycle documentation and user manuals
12. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.