No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analyzing Targeted Resequencing data with Galaxy

Hi!
    I am having problems with my sequencing results, but I am a newbie at this; so I am thinking there is something wrong with my analysis. So far, I've tried Galaxy and CLC Workbench, but with CLC I could not align to the whole genome, only to individual chromosomes (maybe there is a way, but by the time the trial ended I had not found it).

I used SureSelect capture kit and did single end sequencing on an Illumina. The files the lab sent me are FastQ Illumina 1.5 files, my samples were indexed, and I got a series of files each representing an Index.

What would be the standard workflow for this kind of data?
    Which tools/settings?

Does anyone have an example Galaxy workflow for preparing (clipping adapters, quality trimming) and mapping Targeted Resequencing Data?

Is there a way to obtain a coverage report through Galaxy?

Is it possible to ignore/discard the reads mapped when the coverage is below a certain threshold?

I know, I know, a lot of things, but I am very lost.
    Any help is appreciated.

L

I would repost this question to the Galaxy-user list (http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-user). Including what you have tried so far will help.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I posted it on the list. I also wonder if Galaxy is the best option available?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses