No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioanalyzing long ATAC-Seq libraries

Hi All,

I am part of a sequencing core, trying to QC a client's ATAC-Seq libraries via the bioanalyzer on a DNA high sensitivity chip. Prior to running the samples I checked the concentrations with a qubit fluorometer and diluted them all to ~4-6 ng/uL. Perhaps a little high for the high sensitivity chip, but not enough to overload it.

After talking with the client I believed the problems was long fragments carrying over between samples, so I tried to space them out, only loading samples in position 1, 4, 7, and 10. Unfortunately, I am still getting garbage traces after the first sample. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle these samples?

I've attached the traces as an example - you can see the characteristic ATAC peaks in sample 1, and then some higher molecular weight material near the marker, continuing into the next two traces.
    Attached Files

We had some Nextera libraries that looked like this recently -- turned out they were 10X overloaded.

Also, they are a client's ATAC-seq library? We recently had a set of these where the client had done and ampure upper cut and given us the supernatant without further clean-up! So they were somewhere north of 1M NaCl plus whatever PEG was in the ampure. We pulled the library down by adding more ampure, followed by the normal ampure washing/eluting the beads-- then everything looked fine.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Thanks for the reply Philip:

I don't think they are overloaded, but I can dilute further and try them again with some other samples. Qubit and then diluting should have prevented that.

They are a client's libraries - the ATAC protocol he used does not call for any clean-up, so there aren't any PEG/salts in them. After finding that out, we recommended a bead uppercut with 0.4x beads followed by 2.5x to recollect the libraries. He gave us a very limited amount for QC or I'd try it myself. Once he brings those newly cleaned libraries I'll update.

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses