Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNA-Seq analysis using galaxy

I am a Galaxy user. At this moment, I am using tophat and cufflinks to analyze my RNA-Seq data. I have some questions concerning these tools, and hope you can help me to figure out how to get proper output data.

At the end of the analysis, I expect two lists: differentially expressed transcripts and differentially expressed genes. In these two lists, I would like to see the gene name, gene ID and transcript ID.

What I did is:

After mapping with tophat, I run cufflinks using reference gene sets (GTF file) from Ensembl. I modified the ensembl GTF file according to http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/jeremy/p...lysis-faq#faq4 so that cufflinks can recognize the column for chromosomes. I got the file "cufflinks assembled transcript" which shows nicely the gene ID, transcript ID , but the gene name was lost in this file.

Then I run cuffcompare using the same reference gene sets (GTF file) from Ensembl. In the output file I can see that gene name appeared, but galaxy assigned new ID to gene and transcript.

Then I run cuffdiff . Output file only contains gene name.

My question is: how can I keep the information (gene ID, transcript ID, gene name ) from the reference gene sets during the whole analysis process so that I get meaningful information. Or is that possible that I retrieve "gene ID, transcripte ID, gene name" by using the output file "Cuffdiff transcript differential expression! " from cuffdiff?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

I solved this issue by following the tutorial at the end of this web page:

You'll have to figure out which columns you actually want and specify those in the 'cut' step.

Comment

Thanks

Hi sheenams,

Thanks so much. Actually, I read this tutorial days ago, but didn't pay attention to the last part. Now I got it.

Comment

Nucleotide distribution chart

Hi, I'm analyzing my small-RNA-seq data (Illumina 1.9 quality score) and I'm using galaxy to make the preliminary qc tasks. I find it a great and easy tool! I'm here to ask you how can I interpretate a graph:I'm talking about the nucleotide distribution chart after the sample grooming and the 3' adapter trimming. I attach it here so anybody can see it. Up to now I've loaded two samples in galaxy and they both give me this kind of bias at the 3rd nucleotide of the reads. What does it mean? would you suggest to eliminate all those reads which contain the "N" in the 3rd position?
        Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks a lot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses