Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOAPDeNovo question

working on soapdenovo but having run the analysis for more than 60hrs. Still not able to get any result from the analysis. Have 5 pair reads making up 10 fastq files. Below is the details of my config file. Please kindly help out to check if there are things that am not getting right.#maximal read length
    max_rd_len=201
    [LIB]
    #average insert size
    avg_ins=300
    #if sequence needs to be reversed
    reverse_seq=0
    #in which part(s) the reads are used
    asm_flags=3
    #use only first 100 bps of each read
    rd_len_cutoff=100
    #in which order the reads are used while scaffolding
    rank=1
    # cutoff of pair number for a reliable connection (at least 3 for short insert size)
    pair_num_cutoff=3
    #minimum aligned length to contigs for a reliable read location (at least 32 for short insert size)
    map_len=32
    #a pair of fastq file, read 1 file should always be followed by read 2 file
    q1=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3422_7332_10694_H9WVUADXX_I961089A_CTTGTA_R1.fastq.gz
    q2=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3422_7332_10694_H9WVUADXX_I961089A_CTTGTA_R2.fastq.gz
    #another pair of fastq file, read 1 file should always be followed by read 2 file
    q1=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3422_7332_10694_HA63NADXX_I961089A_CTTGTA_R1.fastq.gz
    q2=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3422_7332_10694_HA63NADXX_I961089A_CTTGTA_R2.fastq.gz
    #a pair of fasta file, read 1 file should always be followed by read 2 file
    [LIB]
    avg_ins=500
    reverse_seq=o
    asm_flags=3
    rank=2
    # cutoff of pair number for a reliable connection (at least 5 for large insert size)
    pair_num_cutoff=5
    #minimum aligned length to contigs for a reliable read location (at least 35 for large insert size)
    map_len=35
    q1=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3423_7332_10706_H9WVUADXX_I961089A_500_ATTCCT_R1.fastq.gz
    q2=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3423_7332_10706_H9WVUADXX_I961089A_500_ATTCCT_R2.fastq.gz
    q1=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3423_7332_10706_HA63NADXX_I961089A_500_ATTCCT_R1.fastq.gz
    q2=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3423_7332_10706_HA63NADXX_I961089A_500_ATTCCT_R2.fastq.gz
    q1=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3423_7332_10706_HAK9RADXX_I961089A_500_ATTCCT_R1.fastq.gz
    q2=/syn02iscsi/agisel/Cassava/Ismail/WGS/raw_data/3423_7332_10706_HAK9RADXX_I961089A_500_ATTCCT_R2.fastq.gz

@francism: I moved your post to a new thread.

Depending on the hardware you are using (and the size of the data) it is not unreasonable to have a de novo assembly run for 5 days (or longer).

Are you getting an error? Do you see files being written? Is the process running actively ("top" or a similar command)?

Comment

I'm not getting an error . The files are not written in the specified output. The top shows S.

Comment

S means that the process is sleeping. But that alone is not enough to tell us if this is working.

Can you provide some additional information about how large is this dataset and how much memory you have available? Have you tested the SOAPdenovo install with a test dataset to ensure that the program is correctly installed and working?

Comment

pls, how do i test if the install SOAPdenovo is working?do you have a dataset sample. Will appreciate if you can help.

Comment

Version 2.04: released on July 13th, 2012
            Compile Jul 9 2013 11:57:30

Usage: SOAPdenovo <command> [option]
            pregraph construct kmer-graph
            sparse_pregraph construct sparse kmer-graph
            contig eliminate errors and output contigs
            map map reads to contigs
            scaff construct scaffolds
            all do pregraph-contig-map-scaff in turn.
            It shows that SOAPdenovo installation was properly done.

Comment

Test data is available on the SOAP download page: http://soap.genomics.org.cn/down/test.tar.gz

Comment

I want to run soapdenovo for genome assembly of Oryza sativa cultivar. Need help to figure out where I did wrong in config file. this is my config file

#maximal read length
                max_rd_len=90
                [LIB]
                #average insert size
                avg_ins= 130
                #if sequence needs to be reversed
                reverse_seq=0
                #in which part(s) the reads are used
                asm_flags=3
                #use only first 90 bps of each read
                rd_len_cutoff=90
                #in which order the reads are used while scaffolding
                rank=1
                # cutoff of pair number for a reliable connection (at least 3 for short insert size)
                pair_num_cutoff=3
                #minimum aligned length to contigs for a reliable read location (at least 32 for short insert size)
                map_len=32
                q1=/path/read1.fastq_filtered
                q2=/path/read2.fastq_filtered
                #bam file for single or paired reads, reads 1 in paired reads file should always be followed by reads 2
                #NOTE: If a read in bam file fails platform/vendor quality checks(the flag field 0x0200 is set), itself and it's paired read would be ignored.
                b=/path to bam file created with read1 with the reference/aln-se1.bam
                #another bam file for single or paired reads
                b=/path to bam file created with read2 with the reference/aln-se2.bam

Regards..

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses