No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShortRead package

Hi,

Any experiences with the ShortRead R package?

I can finally make it to run, but people's experience using it, tweaking it, and QC.ing data from the functions will be helpful..

sm
    --
    bioinfosm

<bump>

Also more stuff coming out in R for NGS data
    The Bioconductor project aims to develop and share open source software for precise and repeatable analysis of biological data. We foster an inclusive and collaborative community of developers and data scientists.
    --
    bioinfosm

Comment

I'm getting the following errors in using the readFastq function
      readFastq("home/linux/sratoolkit.2.34-2-centos_linux64/bin",pattern="SRR039194_1.fastq")
      Error: Input/Output
      no input files found
      dirPath: home/linux/sratoolkit.2.34-2-centos_linux64/bin
      pattern: SRR039194_1.fastq

any suggestions on how to fix this?
      please reply asap
      thanks!

Comment

You may be missing a leading "/" in your path home/linux/sratoolkit.2.34-2-centos_linux64/bin. Are the sequence files in this path?

Comment

I'm able to generate the fastq version of the sra file in the terminal.But how do I save its copy in my computer??

please reply asap

Comment

Have you looked in the same directory where your SRA file was?

Comment

okay,got it.
              thanks

Comment

While using ShortRead package to read a fastq file what are the exact arguments to be put in the readFastq function?
                and how do we segregate from so many reads only those which have a particular sequence?

Comment

If you type '?readFastq' at the R prompt on the commandline, you should get a help page that explains the usage for the function.

Download the manuals for the ShortRead package from:

This package implements sampling, iteration, and input of FASTQ files. The package includes functions for filtering and trimming reads, and for generating a quality assessment report. Data are represented as DNAStringSet-derived objects, and easily manipulated for a diversity of purposes. The package also contains legacy support for early single-end, ungapped alignment formats.

I think that readFastq() can only be used to read in complete fastq files, but then you can apply various filters to the data to get only the reads you want. See the documentation.
                  Last edited by mastal; 05-24-2014, 03:07 AM.

Comment

I have around 4 Lac lines in my fastq file.So while using readFastq I'm constantly getting an error message of unexpected number of lines.
                    Can someone please suggest how do I manipulate my reads now,my final aim is to get a set of reads which have a particular sequence at the end.

please reply asap

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses