No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems configuring installation of Bcl2fastq

Hi,
    I want to install Bcl2fastq on my system running Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS. I have admin rights.

However the configure step always aborts with an error.

After running configure I first ran into the typical Error messages of "No support for gzip compression" and "No support for bzip2 compression", so i followed early recommendations here and here, and copied "libz.so", "libpthread*" and "libbz2.so" from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ to /usr/lib.

after that, running "configure" produced this new error message:
    Code:
    CMake Error at cmake/cxxConfigure.cmake:95 (message):
      libxml2 was not found
    As this problem has not been discussed earlier, I tried to use the same approach by copying the libxml2-associated files to /user/lib using the following command:
    Code:
    sudo cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2* /usr/local/lib
    As this did not help I followed the setup instruction at the end of this thread and this very helpful setup-script to ensure that all dependancies are met.

However I still get the same error message:
    Code:
    -- Could NOT find LibXml2 (missing:  LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    CMake Error at cmake/cxxConfigure.cmake:95 (message):
      libxml2 was not found
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      c++/CMakeLists.txt:33 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    Couldn't configure the project:

/tmp/bcl2fastq-build/bootstrap/bin/cmake -H"/tmp/bcl2fastq/src" -B"/tmp/bcl2fastq-build" -G"Unix Makefiles"  -DCASAVA_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/tools/bcl2fastq-1.8.4 -DCASAVA_EXEC_PREFIX:PATH= -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/tools/bcl2fastq-1.8.4 -DCASAVA_BINDIR:PATH= -DCASAVA_LIBDIR:PATH= -DCASAVA_LIBEXECDIR:PATH= -DCASAVA_INCLUDEDIR:PATH= -DCASAVA_DATADIR:PATH= -DCASAVA_DOCDIR:PATH= -DCASAVA_MANDIR:PATH= -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=RelWithDebInfo

Moving CMakeCache.txt to CMakeCache.txt.removed
    Any suggestions?

Start with

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install libxml2 libxml2-dev
    see if that fixes the error.

Comment

Thanks a lot!
      I was sure I had libxml2 installed, but i seem to have been mistaken...
      Configure now completed without errors. However, now I run into the following errors during "make" at 51%
      Code:
      [ 51%] Building CXX object c++/lib/io/CMakeFiles/casava_io.dir/PtreeXml.cpp.o
      /tmp/bcl2fastq/src/c++/lib/io/PtreeXml.cpp: In function ‘std::ostream& casava::io::operator<<(std::ostream&, const ptree&)’:
      /tmp/bcl2fastq/src/c++/lib/io/PtreeXml.cpp:123:123: error: no matching function for call to ‘xml_writer_make_settings(char, int)’
               boost::property_tree::write_xml(os, treeWithIndexAttributes, boost::property_tree::xml_writer_make_settings(' ', 2));
      The final error message is:
      Code:
      make[2]: *** [c++/lib/io/CMakeFiles/casava_io.dir/PtreeXml.cpp.o] Error 1
      make[1]: *** [c++/lib/io/CMakeFiles/casava_io.dir/all] Error 2
      make: *** [all] Error 2
      boost is definitively installed. Do you have suggestions for this also?

Comment

Might be an issue with your Boost version. From a different topic, but similar error:
        src/save_map.cpp:904:41: error: no matching function for call to 'xml_writer_make_settings' write_xml(filename,pt,std::locale(),boost::property_tree::xml_writer_make_settings(' ',4)); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~...

I was able to install successfuly with Boost 1.55

Comment

I have boost version 1.54 installed, which seems to be the newest version of boost in the official Ubuntu repositories.
          So I guess that means I should download the most current version of boost directly and compile it manually?
          I'll try.

Comment

Illumina software is picky about version of boost libraries. A local copy here is using boost v.1.44 (which the software built itself).

Comment

Hi, everyone.
              while trying to figure out how to install which boost library, I simultaneously tried the alternative approach of installing via the Illumina-supplied rpm-package using the instructions here

This now works fine, once expat-2.1.0 and xml-parser-2.41 were installed.

So right now, I am abandoning trying to compile bcl2fastq from source and just work with the successfully installed rpm-package version.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

This is for the latest bcl2fastq version 2.20.0 but it seems to be a similar error.

compiling the latest Illumina bcl2fastq2 version 2.20 and 2.19 on ubuntu 16.04.3 seems to yield the following error: https://gist.github.com/moonwatcher/5698a70fe4be81d1277ee0296c4c8b0c The...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses