SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
low library concentration biochembug Illumina/Solexa 0 08-02-2012 07:13 AM
RNA-Seq: Correction: A Low-Cost Library Construction Protocol and Data Analysis Pipel Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 02-14-2012 12:02 PM
RNA-Seq: A Low-Cost Library Construction Protocol and Data Analysis Pipeline for Illu Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 11-01-2011 03:40 AM
Help with denaturing low concentration Illumina PE Library TonyBrooks Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 09-27-2010 09:30 AM
Low concentration GA library Melanie Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 08-04-2010 02:34 PM

Old 02-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
MAdkisson

Default Wang, 'Low Cost Library Construction...': Low Concentration

Hi All

I'm using the updated Wang et al Library construction protocol [Universal adapters and Indexed Primers + Universal primers for Enrichment]. The only major modifications I've made are adjustments for a slightly lower totRNA starting material [5ng; protocol written for 15ng]. After optimizing for adapter dimers and 400bp 'bubbles' and such, my final problem to solve is significantly low outoput.

I'm getting ~8-12 ng/ÁL, which is ≤1/5 what I was getting with the TruSeq RNA kit.

I've been submitting my samples [5-6 uniquely indexed libraries multiplexed] at 5 ng/ÁL in 40 ÁL. At the above concentrations I won't be able to make that work.

Any suggestions for increasing output or alternative submission mixtures? Do I need to worry about the issues with overamplification with single stranded template [Wang's is a strand specific protocol]? Can I just crank up the cycles [I'm doing 16 now] or will that skew the population of the library?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 cDNA Protocol Tests.jpg (39.8 KB, 11 views)
MAdkisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #2
MU Core

The supplementary info in the article below provides a protocol for working with sub-nanomolar libraries.

http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/...meth.1270.html
MU Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
MAdkisson

Thanks! I'll check that out
MAdkisson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdna library, rna-seq