Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trinity error

Trinity is the new de novo transcriptome assembly software, and I'm interested in the the software.
    According to the manual listed on the website, I tried to test it.
    However, there are some errors as follows:
    COMMAND: /opt/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Chrysalis/GraphFromFasta -i inchworm.K25.L48.DS.fa -r both.fa > chrysalis/components.out
    Died with exit code 35072
    Exiting.
    Error, chrysalis did not report butterfly commands file: /data/echo/SRAdb/trinity_out_dir/chrysalis/butterfly_commands at /opt/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Trinity.pl line 396
    main::run_chrysalis('inchworm.K25.L48.DS.fa', 'both.fa', 200, 300, 'undef') called at /opt/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Trinity.pl line 317
    Error, the Chrysalis process failed:
    Error, cmd: /opt/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Chrysalis/Chrysalis -i both.fa -iworm inchworm.K25.L48.DS.fa -o chrysalis -min 200 -dist 300 -butterfly /opt/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Butterfly/Butterfly.jar died with ret 65280 at /opt/trinityrnaseq_r2011-08-20/Trinity.pl line 571.

In nearly all cases, this is related to not having the stacksize set to unlimited, a prerequisite to running Trinity.
    Please visit:

for details.

I couldn't understand since my settings for the stack size is unlimited:
    core file size (blocks, -c) 0
    data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
    scheduling priority (-e) 0
    file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
    pending signals (-i) 335872
    max locked memory (kbytes, -l) 32
    max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
    open files (-n) 1024
    pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
    POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200
    real-time priority (-r) 0
    stack size (kbytes, -s) unlimited
    cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
    max user processes (-u) 335872
    virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited
    file locks (-x) unlimited

How could I do?
    Could somebody give a hint?
    Thanks a lot.

You may wish to post this question to the Trinity mailing list for a better explanation of what might have gone wrong, but another common issue relates to the amount of RAM trinity requires. Do you have sufficient resources for the number of reads you are using?

Comment

I am having a similar problem. My stacksize is set to unlimited. My input is 78M and I have 96G of RAM (Trinity website suggests 1G for every 1M). Has anybody with this problem found a fix?

Comment

You could try, as an experiment, running with half of your sequences in order to see if there is a problem with memory or if there is something else wrong.

I agree with the suggestion of sending to the Trinity mailing list. Brian Haas -- one of the Trinity authors -- is very helpful.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses