SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA extraction and DNase treatment rubyryan Sample Prep / Library Generation 18 09-27-2019 01:42 PM
DNase treatment and fragmentation of RNA pig_raffles RNA Sequencing 31 06-11-2016 10:16 PM
DNAse-seq/Bowtie > Many non-unique alignments??? dedee Bioinformatics 5 05-30-2012 08:10 AM
RNA sequencing, use DNAse treatment? JonB RNA Sequencing 0 04-30-2012 02:17 AM
Ribo-Zero before or after DNase treatment? colin.aibn Sample Prep / Library Generation 7 02-02-2012 10:15 AM

Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
new2seq

Default turbo dnase ribo-zero

Hello everyone
I am planning on using Turbo DNase from Ambion to treat my Trizol extracted RNA, use the DNase treated RNA for a ribo-zero kit to deplete the rRNA, and prepare ScriptSeq libraries. I am a little confused with the cleaning steps and where to do them regarding to the DNase treatment and following ribo-zero kit.
Here are my questions:
1-should I remove the Turbo DNase using a column instead of the inactivation gel (is this the consensus?), proceed to the ribo-zero kit and precipitate the RNA using Ethanol precipitation or is it better to use a column based/ the Agencourt RNA beads.

2-or should I use the inactivation gel, proceed to the ribo-zero kit and then purify the RNA using a column or Agencourt RNA beads.

Any recommendation on which workflow to use?
Thanks!

Last edited by new2seq; 11-14-2012 at 07:48 PM.
new2seq is offline   Reply With Quote