No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• find all mate-pairs (75b / 0-infinity gap) alignment

Hi everyone,

I'm working with mate pair data (theoretical distance between pair is between 2 and 5 kb) and would be intrested to find all the mate pair that align independently of the Gap between pair.
    I was thinking of aligning both reads separately using bowtie, the highest aligment among the 2 as a reference and then look at mate pair in the other alignment file.

Doing so, without optimization, i expect that running time would be less than one month(for 3 million reads) if we assume is that one search for mate pair takes 1 sec. i have a bi-xenon machine so i can optimize to divide time by 8. so it will takes 4 days. but i think that it's too long as bowtie do the alignement in few minute.

Any one have done this before ?
    Any suggestion to solve this tqsk in decent time ?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Ramzi
    Research Scientist - Bioinformatics
    Sidra Medical and Research Center

Take a look at 'segemehl' -

Using Segemehl missmatches etc are quite cheap compared to bowtie/bwa/...
    Disadvantage is the non-common mapping-out format

Best
    -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
      Take a look at 'segemehl' -

Using Segemehl missmatches etc are quite cheap compared to bowtie/bwa/...
      Disadvantage is the non-common mapping-out format

Best
      -Jonathan
      Hi Jonathan,
      Thanks for the suggestion,
      i'm not sure but from the info in the link you provided the soft doesn't allow alignment to the full human genome at once but it would be nice if that application take in account paired-end data that will answer my question. but guess for now i have to write my own script my self.
      Thanks again

Regards,
      Ramzi

Comment

Originally posted by ramouz87 View Post
        Hi everyone,

I'm working with mate pair data (theoretical distance between pair is between 2 and 5 kb) and would be intrested to find all the mate pair that align independently of the Gap between pair.
        I was thinking of aligning both reads separately using bowtie, the highest aligment among the 2 as a reference and then look at mate pair in the other alignment file.

Doing so, without optimization, i expect that running time would be less than one month(for 3 million reads) if we assume is that one search for mate pair takes 1 sec. i have a bi-xenon machine so i can optimize to divide time by 8. so it will takes 4 days. but i think that it's too long as bowtie do the alignement in few minute.

Any one have done this before ?
        Any suggestion to solve this tqsk in decent time ?

Thanks in advance.
        Regards,
        Ramzi
        Try BFAST (I am the author). It will align the two independently although keeping the annotation consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
          Try BFAST (I am the author). It will align the two independently although keeping the annotation consistent.
          Hi Nils,
          I have Bfast installed and i'm wondering how the parameters should be set to take in account all the mate-pair without a limit in the gap between them, the aim after that is to look for SVs.
          Thanks in advance.
          Ramzi

Comment

Originally posted by ramouz87 View Post
            Hi Nils,
            I have Bfast installed and i'm wondering how the parameters should be set to take in account all the mate-pair without a limit in the gap between them, the aim after that is to look for SVs.
            Thanks in advance.
            Ramzi
            Use the recommended parameters found in the manual. The above is a property of the algorithm, not the settings. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
            0 responses