20524 TCONS_00020591 controlli casi OK 13.0221 1.18723 -3.45528e+00
    39253 TCONS_00039380 controlli casi OK 0.0000 7.12244 1.79769e+308
    75370 TCONS_00075672 controlli casi OK 31.1991 4.17233 -2.90258e+00
    75504 TCONS_00075806 controlli casi OK 18.1982 2.19050 -3.05446e+00
    75485 TCONS_00075787 controlli casi OK 13.1554 1.39641 -3.23587e+00

myIsoIds <- iso.diff.top$isoform_id
    myIsoIds
    TCONS_00039380.....etc

how I do extract Isoforms values and plot for instance an expression bar plot?

how I interact with Isoforms database and extract isoforms values like I do with genes values (myGenes <- getGenes(cuff, myGeneIds))

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

CIAO!
    Paolo

Hi Paolo,
    This is something that I am working to build into the next public release of cummeRbund. I recognize the need for a 'getFeatures()' method similar to getGenes() but not tied to the gene-based hierarchy.

In the meantime, you should be able to take the results of the call to fpkm(isoforms(cuff)), apply your filtering, and then create a ggplot2 object using that data directly. Everything you need to plot expression values should be output by this method.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,
    Loyal

Comment

cummeRbund Installation

While installling cummeRbund 1.0.0 on R 2.14 , Im getting a "reshape2" package not found. While trying to manually install "respahe2", I have dependency errors to install packages "stringr", "evaluate" and "testhat". Im not sure how to install the dependencies as there is a deadlock while installing packages. For example, when I try to install "stringr" the error is that "evaluate" dependency is not install and vice-versa. Is there an easy way to install reshape2 with all its dependencies?

Comment

You can install reshape2 and all of its dependencies by starting an R session and typing:

Code:
        install.packages('reshape2')
        Cheers,
        Loyal

Comment

Hi,

Now that the newer beta version of cummeRbund is out, I was wondering if the getFeatures, or something like it, had been introduced? I have not been able to detect anything like this from the manual.

Regards,
          Paula

Comment

Originally posted by beta.gal View Post
            Hi,

Now that the newer beta version of cummeRbund is out, I was wondering if the getFeatures, or something like it, had been introduced? I have not been able to detect anything like this from the manual.

Regards,
            Paula
            Hi Paula,
            A getFeatures() method has indeed been introduced ( I think it was introduced in v.1.99.2) it works with the same type of arguments as getGenes(), but returns a cuffFeatureSet instead of retrieving all gene information. You can find details by calling

Code:
            > ?getFeatures()
            Cheers,
            Loyal

Comment

Hi Loyal -
              I successfully added additional annotations at the gene and isoform levels using addFeatures(). However, these extra annotations were not included in the output of getFeatures() using either level="genes" or level="isoforms". The extra annotations were there using getGenes() but I'm mostly interested in getting only the significant isoforms (with all my added annotations). So I was happy to find the getFeatures() function but it looks like this may be a bug in it.
              Thanks!
              Matt

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses