Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneTouch impressions?

Not sure if OneTouch has shipped yet, but has anyone tried it out on Ion Torrent yet? How much of an improvement is it?

Thanks

We've got ours. I just analyze data, so this is second hand: it seems to work like it should and everyone loves it because ePCR was rather tedious. Only problem so far is no 200bp kit for OneTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by arolfe View Post
      We've got ours. I just analyze data, so this is second hand: it seems to work like it should and everyone loves it because ePCR was rather tedious. Only problem so far is no 200bp kit for OneTouch.
      Do you know how it compares to HiSeq's bridge PCR, in terms of hassle and hands on prep time?

Comment

MiSeq and cBot for the HiSeq perform the bridge, it is extremely easy and user friendly. Pipet in the library, hit go, and don't worry about emulsions, bead counting, etc. Makes attaching the library to a solid surface much easier with Illumina than 454, SOLiD, Ion Torrent, etc.

It is still very important to accurately quantify your library for all methods though, too high or too low cluster densities can give poor data or less data than needed with bridge. Same with emulsions, too many or too few beads can happen with inaccurate library quant.

Comment

The Miseq workflow is so easy. Can do Nextera sample prep in under 2hrs, quant your sample and load in the reagent cartridge and literally press go. All bridge amp, seq an d data analysis done automatically.....a toddler can run this!

I never want to do emulsion PCR again....even if somewhat automated...it would take much longer and it's a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeseq View Post
            The Miseq workflow is so easy. Can do Nextera sample prep in under 2hrs, quant your sample and load in the reagent cartridge and literally press go. All bridge amp, seq an d data analysis done automatically.....a toddler can run this!

I never want to do emulsion PCR again....even if somewhat automated...it would take much longer and it's a pain.
            if it was truly that easy we wouldn't need this forum.

Comment

Have you actually tried the MiSeq? I have and it is that easy

Comment

i actually have tried the Miseq and it is user friendly, but not perfect. That's a topic for another forum.

To stay on topic, w/o the One Touch, I imagine PGM's would not be flying off the shelves. I find the functionality rather simple but clever. We still do both manual and One Touch runs right now, but that will likely phase over to One Touch only soon.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                0 responses