No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run failed to generate the index reads

Hi everyone,

I recently did a sequencing run with a 600 cycle V3 cartridge on a MiSeq. The run completed but for some reason failed to generate the fastq files. Basically, the run failed to generate the index reads and subsequent read 2 sequences.

After the initial few cycles, the run looked balanced, and the cluster density was ok. The area of concern was after ~260bp of read 1 when the sequencing intensity appears to dip indicating a problem after this point. The run completely failed by ~280 bp of read 1.

All of the subsequent instrument diagnostic tests carried out passed without issue and I couldn't see an issue with my library preparation. I included all of the correct p5, p7 flow cell adapters and Illumina indexes.

Could this be a one of instrument blip? I have been afraid to repeat the run since.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any ideas of why my run could have failed?

Thank you for your help.

You should contact Illumina tech support so they can look at the sequencer/run remotely to diagnose the problem. It could be an instrument blip but if there was a problem they can identify it.

Comment

My colleague did. Illumina tech support were unable to determine the exact nature of the problem. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Then you have no option but to try another run. What % of phiX was used for first run. Did that data look ok?

Comment

We used 5% PhiX and no Phix data was produced from the run. The whole thing failed at base 280 of read 1.

Comment

You should be able to recover the data for 270-odd cycles and then take a look at it. phiX data should be in there. This may need to be done offline using bcl2fastq on the command line. Not sure if that is an option for you.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
              You should be able to recover the data for 270-odd cycles and then take a look at it. phiX data should be in there. This may need to be done offline using bcl2fastq on the command line. Not sure if that is an option for you.
              You can recover the data on the MiSeq too.
              If you're using Local Run Manager:

For MiSeq Reporter:

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses