Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sequence and quality are inconsistent - modifying sam files to reflect differe ASCII

I ran into the "sequence and quality are inconsistent" error when trying to use samtools view -Sb on some bwa aln sam files. I read in a previous thread http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17353
    that someone else who had this problem found it was due to the -I parameter used during the bwa aln > sai step. I also used -I as I have Illumina data and thought this was appropriate - maybe I was wrong. This is the only reason I have been able to find for this error (excluding file size problems -- and my sai files match in size and are of the size I would expect). Below are the commands I used and the line from the sam file that threw the error message. So, 2 questions:

1) Is this an ASCII quality score issue?
    2) If this is in fact an ASCII quality score issue, is there a tool out there to convert the scores from within the sam file so I can avoid re-running all 10 of my samples (which run for over 6 hours each)?

Thanks in advance!!

**Preprocessing on fastq files with cutadapt and sickle**

bwa aln -I -t 8 genome.fa sickle_Sample_TM_E_R1.fastq >
    bwa aln -I -t 8 genome.fa sickle_Sample_TM_E_R2.fastq >

bwa sampe genome.fa TME-vs-XXX.1.sai TME-vs-XXX.2.sai sickle_Sample_TM_E_R1.fastq sickle_Sample_TM_E_R2.fastq > bwa-TME-XXX.sam

HWI-ST808:15527N9ACXX:8:1101:1177:2099 69 scaffold17748 58833 0 * = 58833 0 TCGCATGCCCGCCAGCGCCTGTCGGGGCTGTCGCGGCAGATTTGCCGCAGGGCACCGATCCCGAAGCGGATTCGCTGCGCATCANCAGCTCCTCACCCGNN $$$'''%&))'')(*+(+++****((*((******)'%% $%$$$## !##%%%%% !##%#%#%%%#%%%#!%"  $%$$"#

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses