No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library degradation of size select?

Hello,

I am having an issue with library pools rapidly degrading after pooling and size selection.

I am prepping low biomass samples with Nugen’s Ovation Ultralow Library System V2 kit. Samples are visualized after amplification and clean-up (AmPure) on Aligent Bioanalyzer DNA 1000 labchip before being pooled and size selected on Blue Pippin 1.5% agarose gel cassettes with internal markers. Pooled samples are clean-up (AmPure) then visualized again on Bioanalyzer High Sense labchip (strong peak and high concentration) before doing qPCR targeting Illumina primers.

After multiple runs of qPCR with increasingly lower and lower concentrations (full magnitude decreases), I visualized my samples again on the HS labchip to see what was happening and what was a sharp band before qPCR is now a smear. Between visualization post-size selection and qPCR I am seeing a rapid degradation of my sample pools!

The protocol I am following for each of the steps has a long history in this facility and been working well for me for the past couple months. All samples are maintained at 4C overnight or -20C if longer than that. I have since visualized the individual libraries and found no issue there but I am now up to 15 samples (in 5 separate pools) that all show this degradation.

Could the kit I am using for library prep (a newly acquired batch from Nugen) be causing this issue? Or the Blue Pippin reagents degrading adaptors slowly so it doesn’t appear on first visualization? My PI suggested contaminated AmPure beads but I am unsure of how the degradation didn’t happen until the very last round of AmPure when it is used frequently throughout the prep without issue.

I am still new to NGS but SeqAnswers hasn’t let me down yet for finding answers. Please let me know what advice you have.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses