Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i get replication fork's position?

I want to know the position of replication fork of each chromosome.

ex)chr 1:bp10000, bp120000...
    chr 2:bp 11000, bp 100000...

I searched about it from NCBI, UCSC but I could not get it.

Is there anybody who knows it?

In every sequenced organism?
    savetherhino.org

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoceros View Post
      In every sequenced organism?
      no, in homo sapiens!

Comment

Well, its position obviously changes as it moves along the DNA

Now, if you were interested in loci of ORC1 binding sites, this could be helpful..
        savetherhino.org

Comment

Oh, it's interesting...

until now, I knew that replication fork site(ORC1 binding site) is fixed.

thank you for your reply!

Comment

oh, i'm confused the term, replication fork and origin of replication.

i'm sorry... thank you i learned a new concept.

then, question again; the position of the origin of replication is fixed? then how can i get the information?

Comment

Originally posted by dkrtndhkd View Post
              oh, i'm confused the term, replication fork and origin of replication.

i'm sorry... thank you i learned a new concept.

then, question again; the position of the origin of replication is fixed? then how can i get the information?
              Didn't read the article I linked?

In metazoa, instead, pre-RC does not exhibit sequence specificity, and the number of potential ORIs is considerably larger, following a process of selection that differs according to cell type, functional status, or stress conditions (Mechali 2010). These further levels of complexity allow DNA replication to adapt to the unique expression patterns of individual cell types. Little is known, however, about the regulation of ORI selection and replication timing in metazoa.
              savetherhino.org

Comment

yes, i read the article you linked.

as i understood,

These results demonstrate that inverted-V apexes contain ORIs, as predicted, and suggest that this genome-wide association can be used to functionally validate our data set of putative ORIs.
                from this, they validated the newly found ORIs.

Finally, we investigated whether the newly identified ORIs were also selected in other cell types, in particular, in cells of non-cancer origin. To address this question, we performed anti-ORC1 Q-ChIP of low-density chromatin fractions from activated CD4+ T cells purified from the peripheral blood of a healthy donor. In these cells, we observed ORC1 binding in six out of seven ORIs identified in HeLa cells (Fig. 3D), thus suggesting that the same ORIs can be activated both in normal and cancer-derived (HeLa) cells.
                and from this, they found that the position of ORIs in HeLa cells are similar with those of CD4+ T cells.

so i understood that there exists possible set of ORIs information accessible for researchers.

am i wrong?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                0 responses