Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLiD alignment browser

Just wondering if anyone has tried to run any of the ABI SOLiD open source software as I cannot even get started. I get a long list of errors starting with the output below

Alison/ABISOLiD/solidbrowser/bin/get-real-path: not found
    Reading config file conf/apollo.cfg
    Can't find tiers file fly.tiers--looking in jar
    Creating Alison/ABISOLiD/solidbrowser/conf/fly.tiers from /fly.tiers
    Couldn't get fly.tiers from jar
    Error on line 54 of conf/fly.style:
    Types file fly.tiers not found!

thanks alig

Which software is giving you problems? We run the corona_lite and browser packages successfully.

Comment

SOLiD alignment browser

I'm trying to run Applied Biosystems SOLiD System Alignment Browser (SAB) downloaded from Applied Biosystems website

alig

Comment

Solid Alignment Browser work on Linux & Solaris, at least.

I can't help troubleshoot your problem but can say that we run SAB on both Linux and Solaris. The initial message says:

This is Applied Biosystems SOLiD Alignment Browser v2.0.0, last updated Sep 26 2008. Based on Apollo Genome Annotation and Curation Tool, version 1.6.4.

If you do not even get that far then you may need to re-download and re-install the software. Or something. But the program does work and so the problems must be on your end instead of being global.

Comment

Hi, I get a long list of errors after the installation of SOLID ALIGNMENT BROWSER. Did anyone find the same problem?

APOLLO_ROOT: /appliedbiosystems/solidbrowser
          OS name: Linux
          OS arch: amd64
          Java version: 1.6.0_0
          Cannot run program "/appliedbiosystems/solidbrowser/bin/get-real-path": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
          Reading config file conf/apollo.cfg
          Creating /appliedbiosystems/solidbrowser/conf/fly.tiers from /fly.tiers
          Error on line 54 of conf/fly.style:
          Creating /appliedbiosystems/solidbrowser/conf/fly.tiers from /fly.tiers
          Error on line 56 of conf/chado.style:
          Can't find tiers file rice.tiers--looking in jar
          Creating /appliedbiosystems/solidbrowser/conf/rice.tiers from /rice.tiers
          Couldn't get rice.tiers from jar
          Error on line 54 of conf/rice.style:
          Types file rice.tiers not found!
          warning - unable to find chado jdbc adapter config file chado-adapter.xml
          Can't find tiers file ensj.tiers--looking in jar
          Creating /appliedbiosystems/solidbrowser/conf/ensj.tiers from /ensj.tiers
          Couldn't get ensj.tiers from jar
          Error on line 2 of conf/gff.style:
          Types file ensj.tiers not found!

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by lellabioinfo View Post
            Cannot run program "/appliedbiosystems/solidbrowser/bin/get-real-path": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
            As usual when the first error you encounter is 'no such file' then I suggest checking your PATH to make sure that it points to the corona_lite/bin directory. One way to do this is via the corona shell script. I run tcsh and have in my .cshrc

setenv CORONAROOT /phillip/corona_lite
            source $CORONAROOT/etc/profile.d/corona.csh

Similar commands are available to bash, etc.

If you want for us to do more troubleshooting of your problem then please do an:

echo $PATH
            echo $CORONAROOT

And paste in the results into your message.

Comment

SOLiD

When run corona_lite matching and SNP pipeline, there are several known snp indels have not been picked up , what are the parameters to fiddle ? Thanks

Comment

In regards to missing SNPs, I know of no parameters to fiddle with. Oh, there is the mysterious '-pt' parameters but as far as I can tell it does not make much of a difference.

Do check the snp_prob.dat file to see if your SNP was even potentially discovered.

There is the diBayes program which is available from the Solid software web site. I haven't had much luck with the program but perhaps I need to try an different approach.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses