SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An error about annotation exon number of gene in tophat-fusion report louis7781x Bioinformatics 1 02-07-2014 11:42 AM
Miso Index creator not working with ensEMBL GFF files wariobrega Bioinformatics 1 03-08-2013 10:29 PM
How to get exon (cds) annotation of a genome? inukj Bioinformatics 6 09-15-2012 12:31 PM
Question about exon limits and annotation.. shyam_la Bioinformatics 16 07-26-2012 04:09 PM
Anyone Tried MISO with Posted GFF files? 12jrowley2 Bioinformatics 5 02-21-2011 10:47 AM

Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
alittleboy

Question Exon-centric annotation files for MISO

I am using MISO to test for differential exon usage, and according to the manual of MISO here, the annotation files seem to be different depending on whether one wants to do an "exon-centric" or "isoform-centric" analysis. I have two questions:

1. The annotation file I am currently using is directly downloaded from Ensembl website (Homo Sapiens). This GTF file (or the GFF file) contains annotations for the "isoform-level", right?

2. In order to do exon-level inference, is there any tools available that can give me the output annotation file with (from MISO manual) the following features (i.e. work on the Ensembl GTF file):

an exon-centric annotation of an alternatively skipped exon would contain two isoforms, one containing the skipped exon and its two flanking exon, and another isoform containing only the two flanking exons. This “exon-centric” annotation does not incorporate other exons in the gene, and so Ψ values obtained from this annotation correspond only to the inclusion of the alternative exon relative to its two annotated flanking exons, without considering any other parts of the gene’s isoforms

Thanks a lot!
alittleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:39 AM   #2
shensteff

Hi
Now I am starting working with MISO tool for Arabidopsis thaliana to study the alternative splicing events. I have the same question. Where can I get those annotation files for arabidopsis thaliana?
shensteff is offline   Reply With Quote