SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Library prep woes unusual bioanalyzer profile of Illumina RNA-seq library petey Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-19-2012 09:00 AM
library prep and... wacguy Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-06-2012 11:43 AM
Library prep can you get both mRNA and small RNAs in the same library? willgordon Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 07-20-2011 11:31 AM
need help with library prep seqgirl123 Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 01-25-2010 02:38 PM

Old 11-20-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
adam.geber

Default Volumetric scaling for library prep

Hi folks,

Looking over some of the early papers showing the equivalence of volumetrically scaled Nextera reactions has me wondering which commercial kits aren't amenable to this modification. Is it reasonable to assume that if a) library complexity isn't an issue and b) pipetting is accurate then scaling reactions down should preserve the functionality of the reagents? I'm interested in responses to this question for both manual and automatic operations but I understand the additional variables to consider for the latter.

Thanks!
adam.geber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

I would be cautious about scaling down the RNAseq for expression analysis because it introduces another variable. Having said that if all preps for an experiments were scaled down I do not see any issues. Any DNA prep with the condition that you describe can be scaled down and it works fine. Some companies are smart and their workflow includes addition of 1 or 0.5 ul of reagents in some steps which makes it realy difficult for scaling down.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automation, library prep, volumetric scaling