SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sharp peak in library - TruSeq Stranded Total RNA (rRNA-depleted E. coli) Seqasaurus Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-05-2015 01:02 AM
FastQC per sequence gc one sharp peak and one broad FelipeDre Bioinformatics 1 04-24-2015 06:47 AM
Sharp peak in amplified RNA library gman85cini RNA Sequencing 1 09-23-2014 06:46 PM
2100 expert_Eukaryote Total RNA Nano_S.O.S Strange results! ValeD Sample Prep / Library Generation 8 05-28-2012 08:58 PM
Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100 detects no DNA obischof Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 01-11-2011 07:15 AM

Old 10-30-2016, 04:45 AM   #1
vtorda

Default 2100 Bioanalyzer, strange sharp peak in precursor region

Hi All!
I usually get a sharp peak in the precursor region, and I donít know what can cause this anomaly!?
Details:
I extracted RNA from cryo-sections from fungal fruiting body by PicoPure RNA isolation Kit applying DNase treatment. The samples were fixed in Farmerís fixative (Abs. alcohol and glacial acetic acid) and then were impregnated by sucrose solution. After this, the samples were embedded in OCT. The sections were on PEN membrane covered slide and were cut by a Gillette blade into a Lobind tube containing PicoPure extraction buffer.
I suspect that the problem is not with the samples, because I always load a control sample on the chip, which, if I remember well, is a human RNA extraction.
Dirty electrodes can cause these peak? Or what do you think?
Thank you very much!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Highpeaks in precursor reagion.pdf (656.9 KB, 78 views)
vtorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
vtorda

Hi all,

I have figured it out! I usually did electrode decontamination using RNaseZAP. I filled the wells of the electrode cleaner with ZAP, and then I put it in the instrument for 30 sec. After this I washed the electrodes by RNase-free water using an other electrode cleaner. In this case I constantly experienced that high peak, but since I haven’t been doing the decontamination step, the high peaks disappeared!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
MisUser

We experienced the same issue, until we diluted the RNAZap at 1:2 then the problem was solved.
MisUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:10 PM   #4
vtorda

Thank you the advice, I will try it!

Tags
rna bioanalyzer, single cell analysis