SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
copy number changes from whole genome sequencing data adrian Bioinformatics 1 07-14-2014 01:41 PM
exome copy number and LOH rcorbett Bioinformatics 20 11-26-2013 12:22 AM
Info on analyzing exome sequencing data Tube-- General 5 11-30-2011 08:41 AM
Copy number analysis using 454 data ps376 Bioinformatics 3 10-08-2011 04:56 AM
PubMed: Control-free calling of copy number alterations in deep-sequencing data using Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-08-2011 01:10 AM

Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
jie

Default how to obtain copy number info in an exome sequencing data analysis pipeline

Hi,

I'm new to exome sequencing data analysis, and I'm puzzled by the fact that the tool packages I have (GATK, samtools) only output the CNV locations instead of the true copy numbers for each exome, or each gene. Is there any tool that can give me the copy numbers for an exome or a gene?

Besides, if I have two samples, can I directly compare their copy numbers, or I should apply some sort of normalization first?

Thank you very much for the help!

Jie
jie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
JackieBadger

Depends on how you are identifying copy number. I think the paper below says that using depth comparisons is not very reliable. If not there is a recent paper out there that says just that. In any case, you need a control.

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals...ts535.abstract
JackieBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
jie

Thank you very much!

I have read the paper. It listed all the challenges that may mess up the copy number computing. But my question is, whatever algorithm a program used (e.g. reading depth), there has to be a copy number calculate for each exome btw two samples in some point of the pipeline so that the program can call a CNV. But why that copy number never output to the final result, and is there a way to configure the pipeline (such as in Samtools or GATK) to pull that copy number out?

Jie
jie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
arcolombo698

Default Calculating the CNV

I am interested in the same problem. Have you any recommendations? I am using ANNOVAR, can GATK call the CNV?

I only know that the raw VCF file does calculate the read depth, and am not sure how the read depth relates to the CNV?
arcolombo698 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy number analysis, exome sequencing