SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > MGISEQ (FKA Complete Genomics)

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extract reference and aligned sequences from BAM file basing on VCF file floem7 Bioinformatics 3 01-19-2015 03:08 AM
modify a genbank file through vcf file infrmations Gorbenzer Bioinformatics 0 12-13-2013 07:21 AM
multiple vcf files to one multisampled vcf file Jetse Bioinformatics 2 06-27-2013 05:34 AM
How to get list of column in vcf file using Vcf.pm? jessada Bioinformatics 0 01-20-2012 07:22 AM
Converting Dindel VCF file to GATK BED file MolecularToast Bioinformatics 2 09-24-2011 06:38 PM

Old 07-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
Amirj

Default how to comare single variance with vcf file?

Hi,

Please check the problem and the solutoin I apply and tell me if it is correct or not.
The problem:
I have a few variances (chr,position,ref_base,alt_base,gene) and also 50 vcf files. I need to check that if my variances exist in any of VCF files.
The solution:
First I use Annovar program to convert vcf files to Annovar Input file (convert2annovar command) and second I user Annovar again (table_annovar command with refGene,esp6500siv2_all,1000g2014oct_all and snp138 protocols) to generate a tab delimited file which contain VCF variances and Lastly I user linux "cat" command and pipe in into "grep" command to check if any of my variaces exist in that annovar output file.

please tell that if this is a common way for searching a varince in a vcf file ?
Amirj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vcf