SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to obtain a full length sequence from bam file kamilo889 Bioinformatics 4 06-02-2015 11:06 AM
Where to obtain HumanNCBI37_UCSC reference sequence? davecurtis Bioinformatics 4 03-19-2015 01:52 AM
Sequence direction in alignment newbietonextgen Bioinformatics 1 01-18-2011 11:41 AM
how to obtain assembled fasta sequence with velvet? foxyg Bioinformatics 7 11-15-2010 12:18 PM
What 's difference between genome strand and transcription direction? sixguns General 3 10-11-2010 04:40 AM

Old 06-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
Kizzle89

Exclamation How to obtain transcription direction from plasmid sequence

Hi everyone,

I have recently started a genomics/genetics project for the first time and am having difficulty in discovering the directionality of transcription of a plasmid (pBBR1MCS 2) that was previously designed by a grad student (this student is long gone). I was provided the file containing the necessary promoter sequence of a particular gene we need for transcription, but am unable to decipher its directionality. I assumed that if I could locate the TATA box in the sequence I could then assume its directionality, however, the TATA box is absent from the promoter sequence. Does anyone know of a way to decipher directionality given a sequence?
Kizzle89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directionality, promoter analysis, seqanswers