SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Germline variant calling using tumor-normal pairs in GATK ty23991 Bioinformatics 5 07-05-2016 11:02 AM
Strelka: Somatic small-variant calling workflow for matched tumor-normal samples ctsa Bioinformatics 15 12-15-2014 01:38 AM
Simplest, most straightforward way to see mutations in tumor, normal matched samples? ronton Bioinformatics 0 06-23-2014 12:18 PM

Old 03-26-2019, 02:01 AM   #1
RTM

Talking Variant calling on matched primary and metastatic tumor without normal samples.

Hello!

I have exome sequencing data for 20 pairs of primary and matched metastatic tumors coming different patients. However, I have no Normal samples.

I am interested in looking at mutation evolution from the primary to metastatic samples. What would be the best strategy to call variants? The way I see it, I have two options:

1) Call variants using the primary sample as the control sample for their matched metastatic sample and use the metastatic sample as the normal for the primary sample.

2) Follow the TCGA workflow for Tumor-Only variant calling and just call the samples independently. https://docs.gdc.cancer.gov/Data/Bio...ation-workflow

3) Would it make more sense to create a "Panel of Normals" for each patient using the matched primary and metastatic tumor?

I would like to hear your thoughts on how to approach this problem. thank you all in advance for the advice!!!
RTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioinformactics, cancer bioinformatics, tumor, variant calling, whole exome sequencing