Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you tried the data of LSC paper?

Have any of you tried the data of LSC paper?

I've downloaded brain data from http://www.stanford.edu/~kinfai/huma...m_PacBioLR.zip, and Illumina brain data from Human Body Map 2.0 GSE30611, and tried to reproduce the same result but I've got errors.

I wanted to make sure that I run LSC properly before I apply LSC to my data.
    So, Here is my setting. LSC-0.2.2 with novoalign 2.07.10
    I run example code from LSC website, successful, so I think all system setting should be good to go. I'm sure SR/LR dir and output, temp dir are correct. I failed in the middle of running

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/my/path/LSC_0.2.2/bin/writetmp.py", line 92, in <module>
        LR_SR_mapping_file = open(LR_SR_mapping_filename_ext,'r')   
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'temp_brain/LR_SR.map.aa'
    0:29:42.983824
    rm: cannot remove `temp_brain/LR_SR.map.aa': No such file or directory
    rm: cannot remove `temp_brain/LR_SR.map.ab': No such file or directory
    rm: cannot remove `temp_brain/LR_SR.map.ac': No such file or directory
    rm: cannot remove `temp_brain/LR_SR.map.ad': No such file or directory
    rm: cannot remove `temp_brain/LR_SR.map.ae': No such file or directory

Use Google/duckduck/bing whatever on "errno 2"
    Example : http://www.daemon-systems.org/man/errno.2.html

Errno 2 is file does not exist.

You might want to create temp_brain/ directory if it needs a place to create and write temp files otherwise you must figure out why the file named "temp_brain/LR_SR.map.aa" does not exist (perhaps you did not download some needed data in that directory). Try reading around line 92 in your python source file.

Comment

Thank you, Richard
      The folder exists, but not file. I'm examining python code now. Any other clue?

Comment

What's the run number you are using for your Illumina data? The notes suggest input files as ".fa", which makes me think they are fasta without qual vs fastq.

I'm wondering if I can error-correct some Sanger data I have lying around, though at low coverage it may not be worth attempting.

Comment

Thank you, winsettz. I agree with you.it's not worth to run if coverage is high enough.

The fasta that I ran is only bases not quals, so it fits LSC's specification.
          I figured out the reason myself, it turns out LSC use many unix command and print its output to stdout as well as its log message. I tried to keep log message, that's why the program didn't work. I want them to fix this soon, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by dis View Post
            Thank you, winsettz. I agree with you.it's not worth to run if coverage is high enough.

I figured out the reason myself, it turns out LSC use many unix command and print its output to stdout as well as its log message. I tried to keep log message, that's why the program didn't work. I want them to fix this soon, hopefully.
            I have an interesting issue where it's trying to execute

sh: /uniqseq2fasta.py: No such file or directory"
            "/uniqseq2fasta.py", whereas it's intended to do "./uniqseq2fasta.py". I'm pretty sure something in runLSC.py is set up improperly. I wonder if I'm the only person with this issue.

Edit 2: Probably because I haven't set bin_path properly. Testing...
            Last edited by winsettz; 02-04-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Hi, winsettz

Have you ever moved the file uniqseq2fasta.py or runLSC.py?
              So, it seems like runLSC is in the current directory ./ but uniqseq2fasta.py is not in ./
              All .py of LSC should be in the same directory. That's how they set up bin_path.
              I hope it'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by winsettz View Post
                I have an interesting issue where it's trying to execute

"/uniqseq2fasta.py", whereas it's intended to do "./uniqseq2fasta.py". I'm pretty sure something in runLSC.py is set up improperly. I wonder if I'm the only person with this issue.

Edit 2: Probably because I haven't set bin_path properly. Testing...
                Sorry for the late reply, folks~ I am just sort of busy on another big project currently. I just fixed this bin_path problem in LSC 0.2.3. Please try them and let me know if it works or not.

Comment

Could you please email your run.cfg and everything in the temp folder
                  ("ls -ltr") to [email protected]?
                  Originally posted by dis View Post

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                  • seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                  0 responses