No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 Genomes Data Download/Tabix

Hi,

I am trying to download 1000 Genomes data using tabix. But I am unsure of how to do this. I searched through previous threads and could not find a step by step tutorial of how to do this.

I have tabix downloaded on PuTTY, but am not sure where to go from here. Step by step instructions or a tutorial would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried our example command lines from the faq

1000genomes.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 1000genomes.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Yes, I tried copy pasting that command line but it does not work and says that is not a function. Please help! Thanks!

Comment

Can you post your full command line and any error messages you see so we can help

Comment

i posted :

tabix -h ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...lease/20100804 ALL.2of4intersection.20100804.genotypes.vcf.gz 2:39967768-39967768

and this came up:

[kftp_connect_file] 550 Could not get file size.
          [main] fail to open the data file.

thanks!

Comment

Apologies this is due to a typo in the example, there is a space between the ftp directory and the filename where there should be a /

Comment

i tried replacing the space witha / and i got the same error message.

i posted this:

tabix -h ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...notypes.vcf.gz 2:39967768-39967768

and got the same results.

help please! thank you!

Comment

wait nevermind. got it to work. thank you so much! will let you know if i have any more questions!!

Comment

i finished downloading the data i need via tabix, but now i am unsure of how to use it. how do you convert it into genotypes that can be useable in pli for an ld analysis?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by strongside24 View Post
                    how do you convert it into genotypes that can be useable in pli for an ld analysis?

thanks!
                    Perhaps like this: http://www.1000genomes.org/faq/can-i...linkped-format

Comment

i tried that command, and it said this:

"Can't open perl script 'vcf_to_ped_converter.pl': No such file or directory"

What is this script, and how do I get it?

Much appreciated!

Comment

i tried that command, and it said this:

"Can't open perl script 'vcf_to_ped_converter.pl': No such file or directory"

What is this script, and how do I get it?

Much appreciated!
                        It seems to be available here: ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...r/version_1.1/
                        Last edited by GenoMax; 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Actually scratch that.

I'm using the online VCF to PED Converter here: http://browser.1000genomes.org/Homo_...Data/Haploview

But when I download everything, it does not pull all the variants. It leaves out the introns. For example, I tried pulling mapk1. I entered the region I found through the browser and resulted 1619, not the 6777. I'm assuming the introns are left out. Is there a way to do this so all variants are pulled/downloaded?

Thanks!!

Comment

Also, is the online converter the same as the VCF to PED converter Genomax referenced above? And is there a way to pull introns from this converter as well? Thanks!

Comment

Also, is the online converter the same as the VCF to PED converter Genomax referenced above? Thanks!
                              One would hope so since there appears to be only one version available for download.

Perhaps Laura can confirm by tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses