No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• input files for IMAGE

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on the assembly of two bacterial genome sequences from an illumina GAIIx sequencer. I have made a de novo assembly of the 50bp paired end reads with velvet and now would like to try to close some gaps with IMAGE.

In the very short description of IMAGE i found the following necessary input files:
    a contigs.fa.original file in FASTA format.
    a read.placed.original file containing a list of contigs within supercontigs.
    Paired end Illumina fastq files (should be unzipped)

From Velvet I got the contigs.fa file and I have Paired end fastq files, but from which program will I get a read.placed.original file? Or did I miss some options for velvet?

I'm still quite new in the field of bioinformatics and not used to use linux, so could you please explain everything very simple

Thanks,
    Maegwin

You need to write a simple script with perl to produce a read.placed.original file in the format that comes with the example file.

Comment

Ok, so actually I never wrote a script, so how to do this?
      I will check on some Online-Tutorials on how to write a Pearl Script.

Comment

Originally posted by KanyeDidIt View Post
        You need to write a simple script with perl to produce a read.placed.original file in the format that comes with the example file.
        I don't know the corresponding between contigs and scaffold contigs. how do I write script? what is the input of this script?

Comment

Originally posted by gridbird View Post
          I don't know the corresponding between contigs and scaffold contigs. how do I write script? what is the input of this script?
          If the contigs are in Pcap format its kind of easy to indentify the contig - scaffold relationship.

Contig5.1, Contig5.2..... should belong to Scaffold5. Something similar to that. This can be customizable for other formats if you have scaffolding information I guess.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses