SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XLOC gene id JMo RNA Sequencing 22 04-02-2015 10:35 AM
same xloc id but different tcons id with same exons madsaan Bioinformatics 1 10-09-2014 05:46 AM
gene info from XLOC ojham Bioinformatics 22 09-17-2014 06:19 AM
Uploading XLOC gene IDs to IPA fozturk Bioinformatics 2 05-31-2012 05:04 AM
Xloc MrRight RNA Sequencing 0 06-27-2011 02:32 AM

Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
JQL

Default XLOC as gene ID?

I saw this old thread and thought would like to bring this alive again.

I am having similar issues. The GTF file I used was from Ensembl where gene IDs are Ensembl IDs. The cuffdiff output file replaced the Ensembl IDs with XLOC_'s although it also output gene names (e.g. BCL2). Ensembl IDs were no longer there.

Is there anyway to convert XLOC back to Ensemble IDs, or simply keep the ensembl IDs from my GTF file? how do you guys go about this? I try to think what was the authors' intention to replace useful IDs with XLOC's?

Interesting enough, if I don't run new gene discovery (i.e. without doing cuffmerge step), I got to keep Ensembl IDs.

thoughts?

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...7813#post87813
JQL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
super0925

I have same question . I want the Ensembl ID from Cufflinks output however I only get the XLOC ID.
The only way I could do is go back to GTF file and parse the Ensembl ID. But it costs time. Any one has a quicker/smarter idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQL View Post
I saw this old thread and thought would like to bring this alive again.

I am having similar issues. The GTF file I used was from Ensembl where gene IDs are Ensembl IDs. The cuffdiff output file replaced the Ensembl IDs with XLOC_'s although it also output gene names (e.g. BCL2). Ensembl IDs were no longer there.

Is there anyway to convert XLOC back to Ensemble IDs, or simply keep the ensembl IDs from my GTF file? how do you guys go about this? I try to think what was the authors' intention to replace useful IDs with XLOC's?

Interesting enough, if I don't run new gene discovery (i.e. without doing cuffmerge step), I got to keep Ensembl IDs.

thoughts?

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...7813#post87813
super0925 is offline   Reply With Quote