No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting maq .map or mapview files to SINGLE-END mapview

Hi all,

I am trying to use a method in the ShortRead package in R, and for that, I need to input mapview files. I currently have paired-end mapview files, but the method does not support paired-end, and asks for single-end data.
    I understand that the paired-end data already has all the information for a single-end data, and was wondering how the formatting is different in the two.
    I could not find any mapview format for single-end data, and am willing to convert my paired-end mapview file to a single-end one. Could anyone help me by pointing me to an example of a single-end mapview file, or introducing me a method to do the above?

the head of my paired-end mapview file looks like the following:

SOLEXA10-24_4:6:988:1457/1 psr32 8 + 236 18 55 0 0 0 0 14 0 50 CTGaAgGCTGGGaAGaaGAAGggGaGcTGaaCTGGGaaGaTAaTaACTGg BA@:?9??@A@@;=A81@==<8;?3=7<<;;??@@?;7?8==:@8===B9 0

Thanks a lot!

I just had to redo the mapping by forcing the aligner to use only single reads, not paired-end ones.
    As simple as that!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses