No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruSeq PCR-free transition

Hi together,

my lab is planning to switch to the TruSeq PCR free library prep. We would like to perform size selection on a bluepippin. Reading various threads here about the low yields of the protocol i am wondering if the replacement of the bead based size selection by a pippin might result in to low yields to meet the cluster densities possible with the new V3 reagent kits?

Does anyone have experience with this matter yet?

Thanks
    Last edited by avo; 11-15-2013, 04:13 AM.

Hi Avo,

I have been using the truseq PCR-free preps for a year now and have never run into issues with yield at the end. Assuming you are not losing a ton of material in the shear, the double sided spri cleanup should be advantageous when compared to loss associated with selection on the BluePippin (which also requires a post selection cleanup).

I have even seen low, but good results from a 100ng input prep sheared at 350bp. If you start with 1ug and run a 350bp shear, you should end up with libraries that can be easily seen on an agilent HS DNA chip. It's not the yield you would expect from a PCR generated library, but there is plenty for sequencing and the lack of PCR artifacts make it well worth the switch for most applications.

We typically get about 100ng out of the preps. That is a ton of material for sequencing, in my opinion, even though it is a ~90% loss overall.

Comment

I agree with FWOS.

I even used a normal gel for size selection and haven't had problems so far.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses