No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novoalign V2.0 Released

Hi,
    Just let you know that Novoalign V2.0 is now available for download from www.novocraft.com.

This release has improved the accuracy of the quality scores for alignments. This has been done by extending the search space well
    beyond the best alignment. There is no performance penalty.

Performance has also been improved for reference sets with a large number of sequences. There's a few other change documented in the release notes.

Happy New Year,
    Colin

Have this been benchmarked with software such as SOAP, MAQ, Eland, or Bowtie?

Comment

We have been doing constant benchmarking since beginning of development of this tool. Novoalign has been compared with all the abovementioned tools as well as others such as rmap, razers, etc.
      Check out http://www.novocraft.com/wiki/tiki-v...desc&forumId=5 for what's been done so far with maq.
      We're preparing more data for a publication.

Comment

thanks. unless I'm missing something, the link you posted is to a release announcement and not a comparison/benchmark.

Comment

Hi Doxologist,
          We're preparing a paper that compares these tools on simulated data and should have it ready to submit in a week or so. Once the paper is out I will put some of this data on our web site.
          Run time performance is similar to MAQ, not as fast as Bowtie. Accuracy is better as we do indels even on single end and our seeding algorithm isn't limited to two mismatches. Our paired end mode also has some advantages.
          Colin

Comment

thank you for the reply. that's most helpful. I look forward to your paper.

Comment

a reference

Hi, I have used novoalign and would like to reference it in a grant i'm writing. Can you give me the authors and the title ? or should I just reference the website.
              Thanks,

Comment

Hi mkatari,

At the moment we don't have any publications you can reference, we have submitted one but it's not out yet. I suggest you reference the web site.

If you are applying for a grant perhaps you would like to get a full license with support and access to additional features such as multi-threading. You can send a request for a quote via our contact form on the web site.

Best Regards, Colin

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses