No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing use of NEB reagents in Nanopore barcoding (96) genomic DNA kit

Dear All,

Recently I used the nanopore 1D PCR barcoding (96) genomic DNA kit to construct the multiplex library. And I found that I need to use the standard volume of NEB reagent for the End prep and Ligation of Barcode Adapter of each of the 96 samples. I wonder if it is really necessary to prepare each of the 96 samples in a way that likes preparing the single library? I think I can somewhat reduce the reaction volume of each sample as they 96 samples would be pooled together finally.

So I want to know if someone have similar experience on this?

Thanks.

I also want to reduce the volume of my reaction size to save costs since only 1/100 of the final products will be loaded to the sequencer. I guess the only way to validate it is to do a side by side comparison study. It is totally worth it if you need to sequence a lot of samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Edinburgher View Post
      I also want to reduce the volume of my reaction size to save costs since only 1/100 of the final products will be loaded to the sequencer. I guess the only way to validate it is to do a side by side comparison study. It is totally worth it if you need to sequence a lot of samples.
      Hi Edinburgher,

Quite happy to hear about people thinking the similar things as me, I even hope to change the reagent brand as the NEB is quite expensive.

Comment

Molecularly, it should work. However, validation studies need to be in place before you decide to cut the reaction size. RNA access kit is about $14K for 96 reactions. If one can manage to survive with half of the size, imagine how much he/she can save? I am also surprised by the fact that only a tiny bit (0.1-0.2 ul out of 30 ul) is needed for the actual sequencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Edinburgher View Post
          Molecularly, it should work. However, validation studies need to be in place before you decide to cut the reaction size. RNA access kit is about $14K for 96 reactions. If one can manage to survive with half of the size, imagine how much he/she can save? I am also surprised by the fact that only a tiny bit (0.1-0.2 ul out of 30 ul) is needed for the actual sequencing.
          I totally agree with you, I cannot imagine why we should prepare 96 samples respectively in a way for a single sample library, and finally you need only 1/96 of each sample to be pooled.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses