No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lock File" aborts Newbler attempts

Hi,

I know there are a couple similar threads pertaining to "project lock file" errors in Newbler, but none have answers, so I'm hoping if I resurrect the question we'll get an answer.

I run Newbler on clusters at a university campus. Until recently, I've been using a small cluster with 8 CPUs and 32GB ram. I ran Newbler without any complications and assembled a de novo transcriptome.

Now, I am changing clusters. My new cluster has 48 cores and 192GB ram. I imported my .fna transcriptome files and attempted to run runMapping (the command line version of gsMapper). On the old cluster the mapping ran fine, but on this new cluster I get the error "Project Lock File" as soon as the program starts. Apparently, runMapping tries to create the output directory and access the transcriptome .fna files, and immediately aborts and all I get in this message.

In another post someone had the same problem and ambiguously reports that he fixed the problem after configuring Newbler to be compatible with large clusters.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get around this problem? I tried re-importing the transcriptome files, changing their directory, etc.

Thanks!

I am having the same problem... Did you find a solution?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
    0 responses