No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orientation of 454's reads

Hi,

I want to know 454's reads has orientation?

I mean orientation of row data is 5'---------------------3' ?

Because I know data from illumina can't determine orientation.

Yes, read data is 5'-3'. Reads start with TCAG key which are the last 3' bases of the 454A primer.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Slatter View Post
      Yes, read data is 5'-3'. Reads start with TCAG key which are the last 3' bases of the 454A primer.
      Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Surely all sequence reads are 5' to 3'? DNA cannot extend in the other direction.

Do you mean, "which strand are do the reads come from"? That all depends on how the library was created. If it's amplicon sequencing, you can choose the strand by designing the PCR to a particular strand. If it's standard rapid library then the strandness of the read cannot be determined - just like on the Illumina.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyBrooks View Post
          Surely all sequence reads are 5' to 3'? DNA cannot extend in the other direction.

Do you mean, "which strand are do the reads come from"? That all depends on how the library was created. If it's amplicon sequencing, you can choose the strand by designing the PCR to a particular strand. If it's standard rapid library then the strandness of the read cannot be determined - just like on the Illumina.
          Hi,In my research,I have used 454 to detect reads that span fusion junction,but i don't know which is upstream gene and which is downstream gene.

If reads's orientation is 5' to 3',I can suggest that gene of 5' is upstream and gene of 3' is downstram.

So,you mean if the library was created rapidly,I can't determine which orientation is correct?

Comment

Its hard to say what can be concluded without looking at experimental design.
            Have you mapped the reads to your expected target ?
            Did you capture the fusion junction by PCR ? If so, you should be able to determine polarity from primer design as TonyBrooks points out above.
            It all depends how the 454 adaptor sequences were appended to your target.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Slatter View Post
              Its hard to say what can be concluded without looking at experimental design.
              Have you mapped the reads to your expected target ?
              Did you capture the fusion junction by PCR ? If so, you should be able to determine polarity from primer design as TonyBrooks points out above.
              It all depends how the 454 adaptor sequences were appended to your target.
              Hi,we don't capture the fusion junction yet,but it is prepared to do.

Thanks for your recommendation,I think I need to check the detail of being created library.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses