No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ion Torrent 318 chips

Hi,

Has anyone out there tried the 318 chips? any insights in terms of performance?

Thanks!

They are not yet commercially available -- and I suspect beta testers are under CDA. Still, can't hurt to ask.

Comment

Maybe they were passed around in presentations during this week's road trip. Maybe someone managed to pocket one?

Comment

I know they are not out yet. this was a "behind the scenes" question...

Comment

Had some problem with the language, but the pics are great..

Comment

wow I felt like a KGB agent reading that... I mean pretending to know Russian

Comment

... only KGB agents speak russian?

Google's service, offered free of charge, instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.

Comment

Good to know that the Russians and Chinese are still reverse engineering American technology. That's a surefire way to follow and not lead.

Comment

Thanks for the picture! With smaller wells are we also expecting to see a drop in signal? Wondering what the delay for the 318 is...was originally supposed to be released in Mid 2011...

Comment

I see, just closer together now...more crosstalk with closer wells then?

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeseq View Post
                      Thanks for the picture! With smaller wells are we also expecting to see a drop in signal? Wondering what the delay for the 318 is...was originally supposed to be released in Mid 2011...
                      I don't think the 318 is 'late' quite yet. The 316 was promised (and delivered) mid 2011. 318 was promised 6 months after that, which is right about now. I'm guessing we'll see it by AGBT.

Comment

I was told today by an Ion Torrent service provider that it is commercially available (though they aren't yet offering it), but I don't see it in the store. Perhaps there is an expanded early access program?

Comment

It is in early access (Developer Access section).

Comment

Are they selling the 318, I think we're about to buy the MiSeq, but we can't keep holding on the purchase any longer... any updates on this?

Comment

Looks like they just announced the commercial availability of the 318 chip (more or less on time): http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...136921308.html

For me, the surprising statement from this press release was "In the second half of 2012 we expect to increase read lengths on the Ion Torrent PGM up to 400 bases."

Rothberg was talking about 400b reads by the end of 2011 back in June. Has progress really slowed down that much?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses