Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ScriptSeq v2 RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit

The new ScriptSeq™ v2 RNA-Seq Library Preparation Kit from Epicentre is now available. The kit offers several improvements over the original ScriptSeq Kit, including better transcript coverage, lower RNA input requirement, a streamlined procedure, and lower cost. For more information, please see the product page.

---
    Connect with Epicentre: Facebook | Twitter
    Last edited by epibio; 12-01-2011, 08:58 AM.

Are there UCSC Browser tracks of mapped reads anywhere of a whole sample dataset ? In other words, not just a screenshot of one gene, which all the kit manufacturers seem to think is convincing. We're interested in a kit with good 5' to 3' evenness for mRNA-seq. The RNA is from cell lines and is not degraded.

Comment

Not yet, but we're working on it. At present, the other data we have is a 600-gene coverage plot that I can send you.

Comment

I would also be very interested to see your 600-gene coverage plot. Thanks

Comment

This is the 600-gene coverage, single-end sequencing reads from the 5' end so there is an expected drop in coverage at the 3' end. I'll post the UCSC browser plots when they are available.

Comment

Based on manufacturer's suggestion, the ScriptSeq v2 RNA-Seq Lib Prep kit is well suited to work with 500 pg to 50 ng of either ribodepleted or poly(A)+ RNA. I am wondering if it is possible to start with totRNA of bacterial origin and, in that case, how much totRNA has to be reverse transcribed.
            Best
            S

Comment

Do you have data of how this kit perform with other mainstream kits? truseq RNA will be nice if you have a comparison

Comment

Originally posted by censinis View Post
                Based on manufacturer's suggestion, the ScriptSeq v2 RNA-Seq Lib Prep kit is well suited to work with 500 pg to 50 ng of either ribodepleted or poly(A)+ RNA. I am wondering if it is possible to start with totRNA of bacterial origin and, in that case, how much totRNA has to be reverse transcribed.
                Best
                S
                In theory, you could use the kit with total RNA at the higher end of the input range. However, since 95-99% of your reads will map to ribosomal RNA, it would not be a good idea.

Comment

Of course. Nevertheless, I did experience not exciting results in ribodepleting meningococcal rRNA from pretty good totRNA preps (RIN >9), with approx 60% of rRNA related reads still left after Ribo-Zero (Gram-) treatment as judged by evaluating HiSeq 2000 output data. Because the enormous mole of sequences we can raise in a single HiSeq lane (approx 30Gb), we can still expect enough space to approach the expected bacterial transcriptome complexity. Please let me know if you have any any alternative suggestion.
                  Thanks in advance
                  S

Comment

Using ScriptSeq V2 on ~1ng total RNA

I was wondering how well would the ScriptSeq V2 kit work on roughly 1ng total RNA? I ask this because performing a Ribominus or PolyA selection on such a small amount of total RNA seems risky. I realize that we would most definetly get rRNA reads mapping, but even with a 40% mapping of mRNA fragments, this would be ideal for my particular application.

Comment

The ScriptSeq v2 kit will perform well with 1 ng total RNA; as you expect, the majority of your reads would be ribosomal RNA.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses