Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the RQ= information in the header of the PB fastq ou fasta files

Hi,

I've extracted fastq and fasta from bas.h5 files using bash5tools.py, but the output file did not contain the RQ= information in the header.

What is the tools I should use to collect this information?

Christophe

SMRT Analysis

Hi,
    You should use SMRT Analysis for this. bash5tools.py is not giving this info. Ask your sequence provider to extract subreads for you using SMRT Analysis if you do not have it.

Cheers,
    Rafal

Comment

Thank you for your reply. How can I do this using a command line?

Cheers,
      Christophe

Comment

@rhall from PacBio participates in the forum and he should be able to tell if this can be done on the command line. @cklopp: You may want to send Dr. Hall a PM with a link for this thread.

Comment

You could estimate the RQ from the base quality values in the fastq file. It wont be exactly the same, but would be close enough for any use case I can think of. Alternatively you can use pbcore library to write a simple conversion tool yourself to include the information in the output header https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/pbcore.
          In reality the RQ values are not well calibrated, and above ~0.75 - 0.8 do not correlate well with actual accuracy. I generally filter at 0.75 or 0.8 RQ using bash5tools.py then forget about the RQ values. For raw reads the base quality values in the fastq are also generally of little use, without going through some recalibration. Note the fastq values in ccs data are a lot more meaningful.

Comment

Thank you for you reply. When I compare the alignment quality versus the quality values found in the fasta ou fastq file, they seem to correlate quiet nicely.

Last edited by cklopp; 01-29-2016, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses