Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the output files (barcode name: no barcode) after running sequencing?

Hi All

I am analysing the RNA-Seq from Ion Proton.

The output file of each running is shown as follows (figure 1)Untitled.png

I think the RNA_Barcode_None_001 is the sample file I need to do analysis, am I right?

Question 1: But what is the other fastq file (barcode name: no barcode)?

And for this figure (figure 2),
    Question 2: is this output file contain two samples?

However, if the '' No barcode '' file is very big (figure 3) , The QC plot of 'No barcode' and 'RNA_Barcode_None_001' are separately shown in figure 4 and figure 5.

Question 3: is it normal? What happened? Could it be wrong label or a bad sample or an unseccessful sequencing?

Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by super0925; 09-01-2014, 07:35 AM.

Hi super,

What seems normal for RNA is your figure2..where the IonXpress barcodes are listed.

You should have links at the bottom of the report for .bam files for each barcodes which you can convert to fastq files if you wish(I use Picard for that)...

Remito

Comment

Originally posted by RemitoAmigo View Post
      Hi super,

What seems normal for RNA is your figure2..where the IonXpress barcodes are listed.

You should have links at the bottom of the report for .bam files for each barcodes which you can convert to fastq files if you wish(I use Picard for that)...

Remito
      I think when running barcoded RNA samples one needs to specify "IonXpress RNA" barcodes in the plan run; instead, if RNA libraries are notbarcoded, one should specify "RNA_Barcode_None".
      Howver, in figure 3, i.e. my sample, I don't know is it useful to run analysis on the ‘no barcode’ reads (I thought it is the sample data), cause I think "Barcode_None" is not sample file

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses