Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtering out individual genotype calls with too HIGH read depth from VCF

I have VCF files generated from GATK's HaplotypeCaller. One file per each of 20 individuals. These VCF files will be combined into a multi-sample gVCF for joint genotyping using GenotypeGVCFs (GATK), producing a vcf.gz file including all variable positions across the individuals.

I would like to set a filter to remove certain variants. The tricky part is that this filter is not a global filter, meaning, the filtering threshold should be set differently for each individual. Specifically, I'm looking to exclude any genotype (variant) call *within an individual* that has more than 4-times the average read depth of *that individual*.

How do I achieve such filtering? Can this be done on the combined vcf-file (or even the variants vcf file), or do I have to do such filtering before combining individual VCF files into one?
    And, how do I implement this filter? I cannot think of any tool that allows me to filter out positions with a too high read depth, and particularly not if the respective threshold depends on the genome-wide average.

Thank you for your help!

That would require some scripting, I think. vcftools can filter for sites within a range of read depth, so you could:
    extract one individual with vcftools --indv
    find the mean depth with vcftools --depth
    filter that individual with --max-meanDP

but at that point I would just parse the vcf with a scripting language.
    Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses