Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality drop in the Reverse read of paired end library (illumina Hiseq 1000)

Hi
    Recently we have prepared 3 paired end libraries (2X100) and sequenced on illumina hiseq 1000. we have checked the quality of the sequenced reads and found that for one library both forward and reverse reads showed good quality fatsQC reports. However for other 2 libraries the fastQC report for forward read (R1) is very good. But the fastQC report for reverse read is looking really bad (especially the per base quality score). I suppose if there is any problem with the library preparation then it should affect both the reads (R1, R2) which is not the case here.Could anyone let me know the reason why this is happening?

Thanks
    Last edited by anurupa; 10-19-2013, 04:17 AM.

I saw a similar problem with some of my libraries and after sending data to Illumina, found that my libraries were too concentrated. When the cluster density gets too high, the second read quality can be affected significantly. The instrument has trouble doing the turnaround when there are so many clusters so your Qscores drop off. You should be able to look at your images and see if you have a higher density of clusters at the front of the flow cell or at the back. If the clusters have a higher density at the back of the flow cell, it is an indication of over clustering and could be the cause of your drop in Qscores. I would try using a lower concentration of your library for the input and see if that clears up the problem.

Comment

we have loaded three libraries in a single lane (multiplexed). As mentioned out of 3 libraries 1 library din't show any problem for forward(R1) and reverse(R2). we have checked the cluster density which is ~600 k/mm2. I think it is optimal value and the problem arises only if it is above 900 k/mm2

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses