SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ovation RNA-seq strand specificity fanli Sample Prep / Library Generation 9 07-19-2016 11:36 AM
Strand specificity issues Ofelianey RNA Sequencing 1 04-28-2015 07:00 AM
strand-specificity in paired-end data arabidopsis Bioinformatics 6 05-30-2012 07:29 AM
Strand specificity Marcel RNA Sequencing 0 09-22-2011 06:13 AM
strand specificity sequser09 Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 11-22-2009 08:42 AM

Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
shurjo

Default strand-specificity in RSEM

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the settings for analysing strand-specific RNA-Seq data from Illumina TruSeq chemistry with rsem-calculate-expression

Specifically, regarding the "--forward-prob" parameter, the manual has this to say:

"....Set to 1 for a strand-specific protocol where all (upstream) reads are derived from the forward strand, 0 for a strand-specific protocol where all (upstream) read are derived from the reverse strand, or 0.5 for a non-strand-specific protocol. (Default: 0.5)"

Question: based upon my understanding of the molecular biology of the TruSeq strand-specific kit, the strand actually getting sequenced in read 1 of a pair is the cDNA sequence, (or in RSEM manual terminology, the reverse strand).

As such, my hunch is that I should be using --forward-prob=0, but I'd like to check with the community to see if I'm getting things right here.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,

Shurjo
shurjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rna-seq, rsem, stranded, truseq