SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
salmon tximport file vector question humphreyg RNA Sequencing 1 11-06-2017 05:52 PM
tximport for salmon output alyamahmoud RNA Sequencing 4 07-12-2017 02:59 AM
Problem with Gbrowse 1.7 old version: it does not recognize the gff3 file well sunfuhui General 0 08-06-2012 11:41 AM
Anybody recognize this Illumina data format? sbberes Bioinformatics 1 01-05-2011 01:55 PM

Old 07-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #1
bzguy

Unhappy tximport problem - won't recognize when there is an isoform and throughout data

Hi,
I was hoping someone can please help me with an issue I can’t really figure out…

I ran samples on Salmon through Galaxy. I also provided a conversion file, with transcript name and gene ID (C. elegans). However, when I look on the “gene quantification” output, which supposed to have “WBGene00022229” for example, many of the entries have the gene name (F54D7.7 for example). I checked and these genes are mapped in the file I provided, but they have slight modification (for example, F54D7.7.1 instead of F54D7.7).

When I ran it through tximport on RStudio, it seems like it throws out these genes because it can't find it in the table. In other words -on the transcript level these map to something that is not the exact match. However, I downloaded the data from Ensembl with the same information/version so it is not clear to me why it is different.

Thanks
Daniel
bzguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
galaxy, salmon, tximport