SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error in samtools merge; different target sequence name Fumumumu Bioinformatics 1 01-26-2011 05:22 AM
samtools merge error underestimating the sequence counts Seq1234 Bioinformatics 0 11-22-2010 02:42 PM
Cufflinks error - nonsense gene merge Daniel Bioinformatics 2 08-23-2010 11:31 PM
Mosaik assembly error amcrisan Bioinformatics 6 11-22-2009 02:29 PM
Mosaik assembler error lindseyjane Bioinformatics 3 11-18-2009 02:35 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
amcrisan
Junior Member
 
Location: Canada

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
Default Mosaik Merge Error

Hello,

I've been trying to merge all of the sorted alignment files in a directory. According to the documentation this is possible. Each time I try do it I get the following error: ERROR: It seems that the input file (directory) is not in the MOSAIK alignment format..

I am supply the command as follows:

./MosaikMerge -in directory -out co-assembly file

The files in the directory are all individually sorted. To test that there wasn't a problem with the files, I also tried to just merge two files in that directory as follows:

./MosaikMerge -in directory/file1 -in directory/file2 -out co-assembly file

And that worked just fine. I didn't note any timeouts or failures while running MosaikSort which could have cause something to become corrupted.

Has this ever been encountered previously? I am trying to merge 67 alignments in the directory. I am using illumina data.

Thanks
amcrisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
cellison
Junior Member
 
Location: SF Bay Area

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Default I think it's a bug

The same thing happened to me when I updated to version 1.0. I think it's a bug. You can get around it by moving into the directory that contains the sorted alignments and entering each filename into the command separately with the -in flag. Since it would be a pain to do that for 60+ files, if you're working on a linux system and let's say your sorted files all end with .Aln, you could do something like:
ls | sed -r 's/Aln/Aln -in/g' | tr "\n" " "
Then copy and paste the results into your MosaikMerge command after erasing the final -in flag and adding -in before the first filename.

I made it past that bug but was stopped in my tracks by a MosaikAssembler bug that's already been listed on the project website: ""ERROR: An attempt
was made to get reads from an alignment archive that hasn't been opened yet".

Everything was working fine for 0.9, guess I should have waited to update to 1.0...
cellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO